Saturday, October 12, 2013

Midterms and Miles, Oh My!

How the hell do you balance midterms and running? Planning

It's all about the plan. Are you taking a thirty minute study break? Go run a mile instead of logging on to Pinterest. What about that hour of TV you smuggled in when you were supposed to be writing your paper? Cut it in half. You know you're going to break anyway so instead plan for those breaks. When I'm getting dressed in the morning I put on my t-shirt and shorts so when I break I can pick up my ipod and go right out the door. 

Also, getting up and about makes a difference when you know you're going to be sitting for 12+ hours writing/studying. It can end up making you more productive in the end, and if you HAVE to watch that episode of Say Yes to the Dress (my personal weakness) either put it on your DVR or have it playing on low while conscientiously working on your midterms after your work out. Call it a little reward for good behavior.
http://www.cafepress.com/mf/7176547/proud-to-be-a-turtle_mugs


Today was the first day I got off the elliptical and ran outside. Dear God was it hard, but I went 2.5 miles. It took me 32 minutes but at the end of the day I did it. And I kinda really want to get this turtle running mug...


No comments:

Post a Comment