Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Buddy Makes a Difference

Hello, hello! So since I last posted I have achieved 7.91 miles (woo hoo!)

During that time, I discovered something very important: 
I am so much more willing to put in the effort when I'm with someone I want to spend time with. 

My fiance and I started off on a nice afternoon walk. He is going to run the half marathon with me, but (unlike me) he has been in optimum shape before and has natural athletic ability. 



Somehow we found ourselves taking a trail near our home and ended up 4 miles out in the middle of Old Town (whoops-- so much for a quick walk). And even though a little thirty minute meander ended up lasting over an hour and a half I didn't mind. Sure, I still had mounds of homework to do, but the thing was I had such a great time just spending my day active and healthy with my significant other. We both have crazy hours so whenever we get time together we always make the most of it. 

For me, this marathon has multiple facets. The first facet is my own health. I'm not large but I want to better myself and make exercise a fundamental part of my life. Secondly, I am so excited to be participating in the half marathon not only with my fiance but also with our friends. We encourage each other, tease each other, and often send e-cards like this: 


Time Left: 44 days
Miles to Go: 69.35

No comments:

Post a Comment